- RDE Service Engineer & Cleaning Validation Manager
- 20+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and personal care cleaning process optimization and validation
- State-certified food chemist (University Wuppertal, Germany)
- Member of ASTM E55 WK15778 Cleaning Process Development & Validation Team (new ASTM risk-based Cleaning Validation Process Standard was published March 2018)
- Active member of Parenteral Drug Association (PDA)
- Cleaning Validation Process updates to Technical Report 29 (2019)
Global Technical Manager
Thomas is a cleaning chemistry, cleaning process, cleaning validation and regulatory compliance subject matter expert. As a Global Technical Manager, Thomas provides technical consultation on cleaning process optimization for pharmaceutical, API, biotechnology and personal care manufacturers in Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Thomas has 20 years’ experience consulting and optimizing cleaning and sanitization processes in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry as well as the API production and cosmetic/personal care industry. He is an expert in cleaning validation for product contact surfaces across all types of pharmaceutical and personal care production equipment. He is experienced in addressing regulatory inspection findings related to cleaning processes – and with implementing CAPA plans to prevent re-occurrence.
Thomas has developed more than 1500 cleaning programmes/ recommendations for pharmaceutical and personal care industries over the past five years. He regularly contributes to presentations and workshops for thought leading and standard-setting organizations: ISPE (International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering), Informa LifeScience, VDMA and FDANEWS.
Thomas contributed significantly to the ASTM E55 WK15778 Cleaning Process Development and Validation standard and published related articles as a co-author in “Pharmaceutical Engineering” as well as “Pharmaceutical Online” and “Biotechnology Online”. Prior to joining Ecolab, Thomas worked in the healthcare/pharmaceutical and food industries.