- Member of the USP Microbiology Committee of Experts since 2000
- Current chair of the PDA Task Force
- Member of the European Pharmacopeia Group 1 Microbiology Committee
- MA Microbiology - University of Dayton
- BA Biology - Boston University
- Over 35+ years experience in research, quality control and quality assurance
Senior Microbiology Consultant
Don Singer is a Senior Microbiology Consultant for Ecolab and a Fellow of the American Society for Quality. Don has been a member of the USP Microbiology Committee of Experts since 2000. He is currently chair of the PDA Task Force for the revision of Technical Report titled, “Pharmaceutical Package Integrity Testing”, and was co-author of the TR “Exclusion of Objectionable Microorganisms”.
Don will be a new member of the European Pharmacopeia Group 1 Microbiology Committee. He is a Certified Specialist Microbiologist (NRCM) and Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (ASQ), and is a former Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Examiner. Don’s career spans over 35 years of research, quality control, quality assurance experience in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food industries.
Currently Don is also an adjunct instructor in the Biopharmaceutical Quality graduate program at University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Don is an invited speaker on many topics and will present at several forthcoming global and national events on a variety of subjects within the pharmaceutical industry. As an active member of many industry associations, Don is able to advise on numerous challenges that the pharmaceutical industry faces.